Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Natasha Richardson

I prefer to think of myself as not particularly given to celeb-watching, nor tragedy gawking...but I must admit I've been surprisingly affected by this terrible story of Natasha Richardson. Wife of Liam Neeeson and daughter of Vanessa Redgrave, beautiful woman and talented actress in her own right, she took a fall on a beginner ski slope in Canada yesterday, walked away from the injury only to fall ill a few hours later with what appears at this vantage point to be a lethal subcranial hematoma.

At this point she is in a coma, non-responsive, on life support, and her prognosis is all but certain.

I wish I could say that I can't imagine what her husband is going through, but I do. It is unspeakable, and frankly, it's dredging up a bit of stuff for me.

**edit: Report is that she passed away.

No comments:

Post a Comment