Monday, March 30, 2009

Latest ghost investigation


We spent a night at a very cushy lodge resort in Manitou Springs this past weekend, our second investigation there.

A cursory examination of my digital photos and voice recordings hasn't revealed anything, but Sharon did capture at least one very interesting EVP recording, utterly unexplainable. I have not yet been through all my audio, or any of my video (video usually yields nothing anyway.)

I won't presume to be a "sensitive" - in fact, I've been called "thick" by people who know about these things - but I have to be quite honest that I did not feel on either trip anything particularly spooky about this place. Another paranormal group insists the place is crazy haunted, based on the evidence they caught a month or so ago.

Being a very comfortable lodge resort, beautfully maintained and cush to the max, it may be that my own biases are coming into play here (haunted houses are supposed to be creaky, cold, derelict, etc...). I do think that this pursuit is fraught with personal biases all the time - the mere fact that you're there suggests you have some reason to believe some location is haunted, and that predisposition may be based on no more than someone else's belief that it is so, which may be based on yet someone else's belief, etc etc. In this vein, I have often believed that an effective test of so-called sensitives would be to walk them through three house, one of which has reported activity they are not informed of, and the other two with none, and see which one they choose.

But I do insist that, just as belief in the paranormal should as much as possible be based on evidence, a disbelief in the paranormal should at the very least be subjected to a possible encounter with evidence of the contrary...and thus the hunt goes on.

I'll see about uploading Sharon's evidence if I can get an edited version of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment