Saturday, December 27, 2008

Skiing and the after-holiday chill

The day after Xmas was a cold one up at Loveland - temps in the single-digits, skin-ripping west winds, rising columns of blown snow dancing across the slopes. The snow itself was light, the skiing was excellent (a few hard-packed spots), but very cold. I believe I have skied in colder weather, but not recently.

I bit the bullet and purchased a copy of Acronis True Image today. For some reason, my old backup program crashed my system after I installed a new 1TB HDD. I'm not too find of compressed backup formats (you need the original program to restore the files, should you need them), but I've about given up finding a simpler solution. It's running now, finding a troubling number of corrupt files (mostly .wav) but at least I'll have a backup.

Hope everyone's Christmas holiday was peaceful and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment