Saturday, May 15, 2010

Vacation before the vacation

As I posted a few weeks back, I was really getting wrapped around the axle between work, getting ready for the trip and the writing thing. Not entirely sure what it was; a bit of exhaustion, periodic bouts of self-doubt lingering from The Event (yes, six years ago), a very tough winter at work.

Whatever the cause(s), I made a few adjustments. The SJ trip promises to be a chilly scrape, so we moved the launch date back to May 26 - something of a gamble, since the snowpack in the Animas basin isn't that great this year - in the hopes that the temperature would be warmer and the water a bit more generous. So far, weather appears to be cooperating; end of this week will really tell the tale.

I also sent a note off to Dave at BW, letting him I was really strung out and basically needed the month of May off to get my shit together, a request he obliged with the added encouragement of pitches for June, which I'll fulfill this coming week.

So, getting a little extra sleep, trying to stay fit and getting my head straight for the SJ trip. Work is still worrisome, but not letting it get to me. And rafting season is right around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment