Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Gaming for the near-elderly

At this point, I have Undying, Oblivion, FEAR II, Bioshock and Fallout3 all loaded on the nice Intel quad core machine I put together (or I should say, my stepson put together, with minor assistance and relatively benign kibitzing from me...) this past July. I'm thinking of adding Titan Quest to that list.

I came to start using this handy little Belkin gamepad type device, that mimics the most typically used keyboard keys and adds some game-oriented flourishes, like another mousewheel, some joy buttons, etc.

Thing works great - it's nice to move the keyboard aside when you're playing, gives you a little more elbow room on a cramped desk - except for some reason (age related short term memory?) I'm having trouble remembering all the various key bindings for all the different games on it. I don't recall having this problem when I was just using keybord - so I'm inclined to think this is related to using this device, which actually moves me over to a different spot on the keyboard than I'm used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment