Monday, December 31, 2018

Us again !

Hey ! Look who's back !

Two years and change since our last installment here, and on the last day of 2018, we woke up this morning thinking that, for some strange reason, this would be a good time to dust off the old blog and start gnawing pointlessly away at the bandwidth again.

It'd be a bit pointless to "get all caught up", as it were, since a lot has happened since our last attempt to revive this enterprise. We completed another trip to the UK last year - in 2017 - and we'll start planning this year's trip in a few months. Southwest, with another few days up in York again. We've already marked off a few spots, and will start a 2019 map soon.

Donald Trump is still president - not feeling much like commenting on that at the moment, but we likely will if we keep this going. Suffice to say, it's been as stupid, chaotic, troubling and destructive as a lot of us feared, and most observers think this will be a monumentally important year in the Worst Reality Show Presidency Ever.

For now, I'm shaking off a night of vacation-grade sleep, watching the temperature dropping into the low teens under gloomy morning skies, and trying to reconcile the fact that a 12 day stretch of vacation is ending after tomorrow. I'm mostly okay with it, resisting my usual regret that I didn't do everything I had hope to do with all the time off. I find myself increasingly focused on my management of time. I turned 60 last April - I suppose this is a logical consequence.

Anyway...hi again, and let's see what 2019 has to offer.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment