Thursday, September 19, 2013

But first...

Out of some inexplicable need to help Jeff Bezos lose a few cents, I purchased Gate of Saturn: Tangerine Dream Live at the Lowry, Manchester a few days ago. It arrived today.

Being a diehard, BITD TD fan, I had no illusions about how different the German synth franchise sounds today. Full band, two percussionists, a fulltime guitarist...little left of the heady, dizzying, all-synth forays into ambiguous cosmology that characterized their early seventies work. But what the hell, I was in the mood for some upbeat electronic music (maybe I should have tried Daft Punk's new one...) and I thought Edgar might appreciate a little legal tender from a longtime Dreamhead.

Initial run thru: eh, if you don't expect Phaedra, you can find a way to like this. Only just scratched surface, but my fears about it being truly horrid seem allayed for now. More on it later.

Hey, looks like there's enough water for a Pumphouse float this weekend. Is it just a tease?  

No comments:

Post a Comment