Thursday, December 22, 2011

Snow?

Typical for the way this season has been going, Boulder got about 8" or 9" of snow overnight...and Loveland got 3", their first snow in a week. I'd go up tomorrow (Friday, two days before Xmas), but a) I have a Yonder story to do b) I still have Xmas shopping and c) it's supposed to be 8 degrees for a high temp. I am losing my shyness about avoiding stupid-cold weather.

After last year's riotous, snowpack-record-smashing La Nina (was it really La Nina, or maybe just a wet winter?), Upper Colorado is meekly clutching at 68% SWE, and Dolores/Animas at 79% thus far. Not quite calamatous, plenty of show season to go (oh yeah, Happy Solstice), but we are way behind where we were last year.

And the self-bailer thing? Eh...Sharon is sharply skeptical...so we'll hold off for now.

Xmas approaches. Enjoy, everyone...

No comments:

Post a Comment