Saturday, November 28, 2009

Too damn busy

The day gig's been straining me close to the point of breaking lately - working weekends, 12 hour work days, etc. More to come the next several weeks, unfortunately, so struggling to keep up with life outside the office.

Had a great interview with Al Stewart last week - haven't transcribed yet, but it's fair to say that Stewart is as much a history buff with a guitar as a songwriter with a penchant for writing historical-subject folk songs. We found oruselves discussing Solzhenitsyn and Kirov and some of the under-reported brutalities of WW2. Looking forward to the story.

Next week is somewhat dicier - I had hung my hat, probably mistakenly, on getting an interview with Bruce Hornsby. And as Sunday approaches, nothing in hand and prospects dim. Plus, my usual editor is taking two months off to wander South America, and I'll have a new guy to deal with. Time to scramble, and I hate scrambling.

Deinitely off-balance entering the holiday season. Plus...mountains aren't getting any snow, and I need to ski !!!!

Grrrr....

No comments:

Post a Comment