Thursday, August 6, 2009

Writing...

Squeezed out pieces as promised for Nebula and Kyle Hollingsworth. Nebula ran today and the Hollingsworth piece is still being looked at (I think....uh, maybe I should check) by the good folks at Boulder Magazine.

A word about the Airborne Toxic Event - I suppose critics have a can't-resist soft spot for self-confessional neo-shoegazer rock bands that you can dance to, but I have to admit I'm smitten with ATE's debut CD (now over a year old), and surprised that Mikel Jollett, after our phone chat got connection-dropped at about the nine minute mark, actually called me back to finish the interview. The guy likes to talk, isn't reticent about talking music or ATE or critics or not sleeping or phonies (he DOES NOT like the Eels, said I could print that, and don't even ask why I thought to ask him...), and picking through a 30 min-plus interview for a decent story will actually be a bit of a challenge.

If you haven't heard the band's CD...go listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment