Monday, February 9, 2009

Fallout 3

I had been following the main quest at a distracted, leisurely pace - exploring for a bit, picking it up for a few milestone events, then exploring again - until I actually stumbled into the end sequence and basically finished the game a few days ago.

I've since gone a few save games back and pointed myself into new territory to go wander in...but oddly, it feels somewhat empty and pointless now, as if any experience or swag gained through it is now rendered meaningless. The vibe of the wasteland is addictive and provocative. You just want it to go on indefinitely.

Everyone said the main quest was short, but by comparison...it took me at least 9 months of playing a few hours a week to finish the main quest in Oblivion, and barely 2 to do the same in Fallout 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment